The Electronic Retailing Association ("Company", “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our customer's personal information. This statement applies with respect to the information that we collect from the Company website, located at www.retailing.org (the "Website"). Amendments to this statement will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted. Your continued use of this site following the posting of any amendment, modification or change shall constitute your acceptance thereof.
We collect two types of information: personally identifiable information (PII) and non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII), which is also referred to as aggregate and anonymous data.
We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out a survey or registration form. The types of information that may be requested include your name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
We collect non-personally identifiable information about you in a number of ways, including tracking your activities through your IP address, computer settings or most-recently visited URL.
- Use of IP Addresses. We use your IP Address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website.
Use of Information
PII. In general, we will only use the information you provide to us for the purpose for which such information was provided. We may also use this information to deliver to you information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners, or to conduct trend analysis, pattern detection, and site administration. Your information may also be used to contact you when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings from Company by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
PII. Non-personal demographic and profile data is used to tailor your experience at our site, showing you content we think you might be interested in.
How we share your information
Except as provided below, we do not share your PII with third parties without your permission.
- We may share PII about you as a customer, former customer or user of the Website to with other companies that may want to contact you with offers consistent with your stated preferences. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings from other entities by following the instructions set forth in the opt-out section below.
- We may disclose PII you provide via the Website in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of the Website, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of assets or other corporate change of our company.
- We also may disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer or that are necessary to process the transaction your request. For example, we may work with an outside company to: (a) process credit card transactions; (b) manage a database of customer information; (c) assist us in distributing e-mails; (d) assist us with direct marketing and data collection; (e) provide us storage and analysis; (f) provide fraud prevention; and (g) other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential. We require that these outside companies agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements.
- In addition, we may disclose or sell your PII to third-parties with your permission.
- Company may share Non-PII with business partners, sponsors and other third parties. We reserve the right to use, transfer, sell, and share aggregated, anonymous data about our users as a group for any business purpose, such as analyzing usage trends and seeking compatible advertisers and partners.
The Website has industry standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information. Other Websites; Links Our Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Choice; Opt Out
You may opt-out of receiving communications from our partners, and from us, by directly opting-out of an email snet by ERA or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website is operated and controlled by Company in the United States, and is intended for use only by people within the United States. We make no representations that any materials on the Website are appropriate for use outside of the United States. We also do not intend for the site to be used by children under the age of 13, nor do we seek to collect information about children under this age. If you are under the age of 13, we request that you do not provide us with any PII.